The accurate collection of data from patient care leads to their analysis and subsequently to scientific, original, peer-reviewed publications.
Scientific articles produced recently from our group have been published (or are in print) after peer-review in important journals including Annals of Internal Medicine, Clinical Infectious Diseases, Clinical Microbiology and Infection, European Journal of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, American Family Physician, Critical Care, Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology, International Journal of Clinical Practice, Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases, Journal of Infection, and others.
We have also edited two books in the field of Infectious Diseases:
- Gorbach SL, Falagas ME (editors). 5-Minute Infectious Diseases Consult (textbook), 1st edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadephia, Pensylvania, 2001
- Gorbach SL, Bartlett JG, Falagas ME, Hamer D. Guidelines for Infectious Diseases in Primary Care (handbook). Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, Pensylvania, 1999
In addition, we contributed with chapters in several textbooks including:
- Falagas ME, Choulis N, Michalopoulos A. Polymyxins. In: Antimicrobial Therapy (2nd web edition). V. Yu (ed), Apple Trees Productions, LCC, New York, New York, 2004 (in press)
- Snydman DR, Falagas ME. Infection control in solid organ-transplant recipients. In: Abrutyn E, Goldmann D, Scheckler WE (eds). Saunders Infection Control Reference Service, 2nd edition, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2001, pages 757-769
- Snydman DR, Falagas ME. Infection control in solid organ-transplant recipients. In: Abrutyn E, Goldmann D, Scheckler WE (eds). Saunders Infection Control Reference Service, 1st edition, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1998, pages 631-636
- Falagas ME, Gorbach SL. Traveler's diarrhea. In: LaMont TJ (ed). Gastrointestinal Infections: Diagnosis and management, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York, 1997, pages 125-148
A more detailed presentation of our academic contribution including a list of publications such us original papers, reviews, editorials, and textbook chapters is presented elsewhere in our website (CVs).